Kilburn man to appear on TV contest Got to Dance
Dan Baker says he hopes his performance will promote same sex dancing
A Kilburn man will put his best foot forward and show off his dancing skills in front of the nation when he appears on TV talent contest Got to Dance later this month.
Dan Baker, 27, of Shoot Up Hill, Kilburn, will appear with fellow members of dance troupe Guyz in Sync – the UK’s only all-male Latin and ballroom formation dance team.
Mr Baker told the Times that he hoped their appearance would raise awareness of same sex dancing.
He said: “It is great to experience this as a group, it is really fun and also a really good chance to get some publicity for same sex dancing.
You may also want to watch:
“It is not something you see that often, and on that front it is really important for us to share this with a wider audience. We are bringing it to the mainstream.”
The group, made up of 12 dancers, won the judges over with their routine to George Michael’s Lets go Outside.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Their performance will be screened on Sky One’s Got to Dance on February 6.