Kilburn man to appear on TV contest Got to Dance
Dan Baker says he hopes his performance will promote same sex dancing
A Kilburn man will put his best foot forward and show off his dancing skills in front of the nation when he appears on TV talent contest Got to Dance later this month.
Dan Baker, 27, of Shoot Up Hill, Kilburn, will appear with fellow members of dance troupe Guyz in Sync – the UK’s only all-male Latin and ballroom formation dance team.
Mr Baker told the Times that he hoped their appearance would raise awareness of same sex dancing.
He said: “It is great to experience this as a group, it is really fun and also a really good chance to get some publicity for same sex dancing.
You may also want to watch:
“It is not something you see that often, and on that front it is really important for us to share this with a wider audience. We are bringing it to the mainstream.”
The group, made up of 12 dancers, won the judges over with their routine to George Michael’s Lets go Outside.
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 'Residents have faced a living nightmare as a result of the cladding scandal'
- 4 Cricklewood Library crowdfunder launched to 'get it over the line'
- 5 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 6 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 7 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 9 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 10 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
Their performance will be screened on Sky One’s Got to Dance on February 6.