Kilburn man to appear on TV contest Got to Dance
Dan Baker says he hopes his performance will promote same sex dancing
A Kilburn man will put his best foot forward and show off his dancing skills in front of the nation when he appears on TV talent contest Got to Dance later this month.
Dan Baker, 27, of Shoot Up Hill, Kilburn, will appear with fellow members of dance troupe Guyz in Sync – the UK’s only all-male Latin and ballroom formation dance team.
Mr Baker told the Times that he hoped their appearance would raise awareness of same sex dancing.
He said: “It is great to experience this as a group, it is really fun and also a really good chance to get some publicity for same sex dancing.
You may also want to watch:
“It is not something you see that often, and on that front it is really important for us to share this with a wider audience. We are bringing it to the mainstream.”
The group, made up of 12 dancers, won the judges over with their routine to George Michael’s Lets go Outside.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 New Wealdstone signing McAvoy helps earn a draw at Weymouth
Their performance will be screened on Sky One’s Got to Dance on February 6.