Kilburn: Man stabbed in the early hours
DETECTIVES are appealing for information after a man was stabbed in Hemstal Road, in Kilburn, in the early hours of this morning, writes Kate Ferguson. At approximately 1.40am a 39 year-old man was stabbed in the abdomen. London Ambulance Service atten
DETECTIVES are appealing for information after a man was stabbed in Hemstal Road, in Kilburn, in the early hours of this morning, writes Kate Ferguson.
At approximately 1.40am a 39 year-old man was stabbed in the abdomen. London Ambulance Service attended the scene and the man was rushed to a north London hospital where he is said to be in a serious but stable condition.
Two women aged 45 and 35, and two men aged 45 and 51, have been arrested in connection with the incident and are currently held at a Camden police station.
Investigating officers found a trail of blood leading away from the scene of the stabbing, towards Webheath Estate where it a large pool of blood was found. The trail continued on to another address in Iverson Road.
You may also want to watch:
Police say they think the victim knew his attacker, but do not think it was gang related.
Nearby Grange Park was closed to the public this morning as officers carried out investigations.
- 1 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
And extra Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) patrols are being carried out to reassure the community.
Det Sgt Eron Smith of Camden's Violent Crime Unit, said: "I can confirm that two men and two women have been arrested in connection with an assault in Hemstal Road, Kilburn.
"Police in Camden are carrying out a rigorous investigation and it would be inappropriate to comment further at this early stage."
Sgt Eddie Odita of Kilburn Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: "We are investigating a stabbing in Hemstal Roa, Kilburn.
"We are stepping up our SNT patrols around Kilburn to reassure the community. People are understandably worried and want to know what is happening, and it is our role to reassure them."
Police have carried out door to door enquires and urge anyone who may have been in the area or witnessed the assault to call Camden police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.