Kilburn man is crowned one of the country’s best black students
Former pupil of Queen’s Park Community School is paving the way in the world of electrics
A Kilburn entrepreneur who established a successful electrical business despite leaving school with no qualifications has won a prestigious award.
Stefan Knight, of Malvern Road, was recognised in the Rare Rising Star Awards last week.
The 23-year-old has been named as one of the best black students in the country following his return to studying after becoming an electrician.
Mr Knight is not only in his third year of studying Electrical Engineering at University College London, but he is also a successful businessman who jointly established JSJ Electrical Contractors. The former pupil of Queen’s Park Community School in Aylestone Avenue, Brondesbury, told the Times he left school because he wasn’t ‘mentally there’, and added: “I didn’t enjoy studying then so I grew up and found something I was interested it.”
You may also want to watch:
His thirst for knowledge has resulted in him planning to go on to study for a Masters Degree at the world class institute, while continuing to run his company, which manages a string of electrical projects around London area.
He said: “Doing well is something I’ve always aimed for. I’ve always had something to work towards and I prayed every morning and every night. I have had a lot of sleepless nights but what you put in is simply what you get out of it. I am honoured by my award.”
- 1 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 2 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 7 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 8 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 9 Kilburn councillor resigns from Labour group to become Independent
- 10 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
Now in their third year, the Rare Rising Star Awards are organised by recruitment experts Rare.
For information visit www.rarerecruitment.co.uk.