Kilburn man found dead formally identified
A man who died of multiple stab wounds has been formally identified.
Police were called to an address in Cedar Lodge, Exeter Road, Kilburn, on December 22 at around 4.45pm after concerns were expressed for the welfare of the occupant.
They forced entry to the property and found Moshood Abiola Akanbi, also known as Shaun Akanbi, suffering multiple injuries.
The 26-year-old, of Exeter Road, was pronounced dead at the scene. No-one else was in the property at the time officers entered.
A post mortem gave the cause of death as multiple stab wounds to the torso.
You may also want to watch:
Police have opened a murder investigation at Lewisham under Detective Chief Inspector Russell Taylor of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC).
There have been no arrests so far.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
Any with information call 020 8721 4868 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.