Kilburn actress stars in film Bula Quo! with two members of Status Quo
- Credit: Archant
Laura Aikman features in Bula Quo! alongside Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt
A film starring rock legends Status Quo will see a lead actress from Kilburn on screen when it premieres in the West End on Monday.
Laura Aikman plays Caroline, a reluctant intern who gets the job of looking after the pair, who only knows that Status Quo is a rock band.
Set in the tropical Pacific paradise of Fiji, Bula Quo! is a screen debut for rock duo Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt who get caught up in a game of cat and mouse after stumbling across an illegal gambling den.
Laura, who moved from Hertfordshire to Kilburn six years ago, said she was initially nervous about working with Francis and Rick.
But after filming the action comedy, Laura’s nerves vanished. “It was really fun, they were such fun to be around,” she said.
Filming for Bula Quo! in April last year was hindered by a cyclone and Laura said the cast and crew experienced “some struggles”.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 6 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 9 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
She added: “It was amazing but it was hard. They had a cyclone and flooding so the weather was not the best.”
Laura’s boyfriend, Matt Kennard, also appears as an American journalist.
Bula Quo! will enjoy a star- studded premiere at the Odeon West End, Leicester Square, on Monday, July 1, ahead of its general release next Thursday, July 5.
On Thursday, July 4, Laura will be available for a Q & A session after a 7.30pm screening of Bula Quo at Showcase Reading, Wokingham.
Laura is best known as Rosie, Keith Lemon’s long-suffering “girlfriend” from Lemon la Vida Loca and the BBC2 sit-com Way to Go.
Laura has just finished filming for an Anglo-Asian film called Amar, Akbar and Tony about three lads growing up in Southall.