Kiilburn businessman goes the extra mile for charity
Jerry O’Flyn is biking from Kilburn to Paris to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
A Kilburn businessman is going the extra mile to raise money for charity – by biking from Brent to Paris.
Jerry O’Flyn, whose nephew has cystic fibrosis, is cycling from his car repair garage in Belsize Road, Kilburn, to the Eiffel Tower in Paris to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Mr O’Flyn, who owns Olympic TCR on Belsize Road, is taking the 220 mile trip by bike alongside his sister-in-law and two friends and hopes to arrive on Saturday.
He has already raised �1,500, thanks partly to the generosity of local offices. He also has a sponsorship form in the Priory Tavern pub on Belsize Road, Kilburn.
You may also want to watch:
Mr O’Flyn, who has been training for the last nine months, said: “Last September I took up cycling when I did the Palace to Palace bike ride from Buckingham Palace to Windsor Castle for the Prince’s Trust and I decided to do something a bit longer.
“Come Saturday morning in Paris I’ll probably never want to cycle again but it’s all been worth it.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
To donate visit: http://www.justgiving.com/olympicdoparis and to follow the fundraisers whilst they cycle visit their blog at http://olympicgotoparis.blogspot.com.