Kiilburn businessman goes the extra mile for charity
Jerry O’Flyn is biking from Kilburn to Paris to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
A Kilburn businessman is going the extra mile to raise money for charity – by biking from Brent to Paris.
Jerry O’Flyn, whose nephew has cystic fibrosis, is cycling from his car repair garage in Belsize Road, Kilburn, to the Eiffel Tower in Paris to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Mr O’Flyn, who owns Olympic TCR on Belsize Road, is taking the 220 mile trip by bike alongside his sister-in-law and two friends and hopes to arrive on Saturday.
He has already raised �1,500, thanks partly to the generosity of local offices. He also has a sponsorship form in the Priory Tavern pub on Belsize Road, Kilburn.
You may also want to watch:
Mr O’Flyn, who has been training for the last nine months, said: “Last September I took up cycling when I did the Palace to Palace bike ride from Buckingham Palace to Windsor Castle for the Prince’s Trust and I decided to do something a bit longer.
“Come Saturday morning in Paris I’ll probably never want to cycle again but it’s all been worth it.”
- 1 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 2 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
To donate visit: http://www.justgiving.com/olympicdoparis and to follow the fundraisers whilst they cycle visit their blog at http://olympicgotoparis.blogspot.com.