Kiilburn businessman goes the extra mile for charity
Jerry O’Flyn is biking from Kilburn to Paris to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
A Kilburn businessman is going the extra mile to raise money for charity – by biking from Brent to Paris.
Jerry O’Flyn, whose nephew has cystic fibrosis, is cycling from his car repair garage in Belsize Road, Kilburn, to the Eiffel Tower in Paris to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Mr O’Flyn, who owns Olympic TCR on Belsize Road, is taking the 220 mile trip by bike alongside his sister-in-law and two friends and hopes to arrive on Saturday.
He has already raised �1,500, thanks partly to the generosity of local offices. He also has a sponsorship form in the Priory Tavern pub on Belsize Road, Kilburn.
You may also want to watch:
Mr O’Flyn, who has been training for the last nine months, said: “Last September I took up cycling when I did the Palace to Palace bike ride from Buckingham Palace to Windsor Castle for the Prince’s Trust and I decided to do something a bit longer.
“Come Saturday morning in Paris I’ll probably never want to cycle again but it’s all been worth it.”
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 6 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 7 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 8 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 9 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 10 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
To donate visit: http://www.justgiving.com/olympicdoparis and to follow the fundraisers whilst they cycle visit their blog at http://olympicgotoparis.blogspot.com.