Kiilburn businessman goes the extra mile for charity
Jerry O’Flyn is biking from Kilburn to Paris to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
A Kilburn businessman is going the extra mile to raise money for charity – by biking from Brent to Paris.
Jerry O’Flyn, whose nephew has cystic fibrosis, is cycling from his car repair garage in Belsize Road, Kilburn, to the Eiffel Tower in Paris to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Mr O’Flyn, who owns Olympic TCR on Belsize Road, is taking the 220 mile trip by bike alongside his sister-in-law and two friends and hopes to arrive on Saturday.
He has already raised �1,500, thanks partly to the generosity of local offices. He also has a sponsorship form in the Priory Tavern pub on Belsize Road, Kilburn.
Mr O’Flyn, who has been training for the last nine months, said: “Last September I took up cycling when I did the Palace to Palace bike ride from Buckingham Palace to Windsor Castle for the Prince’s Trust and I decided to do something a bit longer.
“Come Saturday morning in Paris I’ll probably never want to cycle again but it’s all been worth it.”
- 1 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 2 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 3 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 4 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 10 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
To donate visit: http://www.justgiving.com/olympicdoparis and to follow the fundraisers whilst they cycle visit their blog at http://olympicgotoparis.blogspot.com.