Kenton schoolchildren prepare for London Designer Outlet street festival in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A group of schoolchildren are ready to party after taking part in an arts workshop to prepare them for a street festival in Wembley.
Pupils from Mount Stewart Junior School in Mount Stewart Avenue, Kenton, were visited by carnival arts company Kinetika who helped them make headdresses to wear at the Sitare Festival on November 2.
Organised by the London Designer Outlet (LDO) to mark the opening of the 350,000 foot square shopping centre on October 24, the event will celebrate the best of creativity and talent in London.
It will include performing arts company NutKhut, recreating three stunning dance extracts of Bollywood Steps.
Sony TV Asia will host a live music stage and BBC Asian Network will be playing music throughout the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The carnival route will start from King Edward VII Park in Park Lane, Wembley, and will travel along Wembley Park Drive, down Olympic Way to LDO.
Once there shoppers will be able to enjoy store promotions and special offers as well as enjoying the array of stores including eateries.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
For more information about LDO visit http://www.london-designer-outlet.com/