Kenton charity in appeal for fundraisers to take part in Run Wembley event
- Credit: Archant
A hospice in Kenton and a running club are teaming up together again for a sporting event in Wembley to raise thousands of pounds.
Sudbury Court Running Club and St Luke’s Hospice in Kenton Road, took part in Run Wembley last year and raised more than £5,000.
The fun event, which takes place on May 17, is open to runners of all levels.
St Luke’s is urging as many people as possible to take part and raise money for their cause.
Louis Smyth, Run Wembley’s director, said: “Sudbury Court Running Club has always supported different charities.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year the event was very successful and we are excited about partnering up again this year.”
Registration is £15 (affiliated runners £13) to enter the 10k, £8 to enter the 5k and £1 for the 1k.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
The run starts at Wembley & Sudbury Lawn Tennis and Squash Club in Sylvester Road, Wembley, at 10.30am.
If you would like to take part contact Karina Rahim on 020 8382 8112 or visit stlukes-hospice.org/runwembley.