Kensal Rise schoolboy picked as Arsenal mascot meets Mesut Ozil
- Credit: Arsenal FC via Getty Images
A schoolboy from Kensal Rise was chosen randomly from more than 30,000 young Arsenal fans to act as the club’s mascot last week.
Christopher Guerra, a member of Junior Gunners, Arsenal’s junior supporter’s club, meet his football heroes including the club’s record signing £42.5million player Mesut Ozil before their away match to Sunderland last weekend.
The 11-year-old walked out with the team onto the pitch and also bagged players’ autographs and a brand new Arsenal kit.
It was double celebration for Christopher as Arsenal won 3-1.
He said: “It was brilliant to have been chosen to be the mascot and to walk the team out onto the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“I got to meet loads of players, including Ozil on his debut, which made it extra special.”
For information on the Junior Gunners and becoming an Arsenal mascot visit www.alwaysaheadofthegame.com/junior
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley