Kensal kids get chauffer driven travel
Estate agent donates mini-buses to primary school to save their legs
A SCHOOL of excited children celebrated the arrival of two new mini-buses saving their little legs from unnecessary use.
The kids from Princess Frederica Church of England School, in Purves Road, Kensal Green, can now spend more time in the pool and less time walking thanks to a kind gesture from a local estate agent.
Sabina Nettey, headteacher at the school, said: “Many of the pupils have weekly swimming lessons at Willesden Green sports centre and it can take up to 20 minutes for them to walk there. Now they can travel in style whatever the weather.”
The luxury vehicles come complete with two chauffeurs, better known as Reverends Oliver Ryder and Graham Noyce from St Mark’s church, in Bathurst Gardens, and St Martin’s church, in Mortimer Road, who agreed to offer their services.
You may also want to watch:
Marius Ruff, director at MILE estates, in Chamberlayne Road, said: “Nothing gives us more pleasure than looking out of the office window and seeing bus loads of kids going on an outing in a MILE minibus.”
The 17-seater mini-buses, which have already been transporting the choir and steel band to events, will also be made available to other schools, charities and the voluntary sector to use.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
Contact the school office on 0208 969 7756 to hire.