Kensal Green schoolboy guilty of contract killing
Teenager is the country’s youngest ever contract killer
A Kensal Green schoolboy has been found guilty of being the country’s youngest ever contract killer after he gunned down a young mother for �200.
The 15-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, shot Gulistan Subasi as she answered her mother’s doorstep in Hackney, east London, on May 22.
The Old Bailey heard, the boy, who is now 16, was recruited to carry out the killing by Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Rise.
But three others including Miss Subasi’s ex-husband Serdar Ozbek, 28, and alleged middlemen Leigh Bryan, 25, and Paul Nicoloau, 29, were cleared.
You may also want to watch:
The prosecution had claimed Ozbek ordered the contract killing while he was on holiday in Turkey.
It was claimed he had Miss Subasi murdered to stop her getting custody of their six year-old son and so as not to ‘lose face’.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 3 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
As the teenager and Billy were led away, one of them was heard to scream out obscenities adding he was ‘stitched up’.
The court heard Miss Subasi had come to the UK with her family as a teenager in October 1999.
She ran away from home to be with Ozbek and gave birth to her son in March 2003 but the relationship was acrimonious and she returned to Turkey in 2005.
In her absence, her child was looked after by her mother Dondu and Serdar Ozbek’s family.
Prosecutor Victor Temple QC claimed that Ozbek and his family became convinced she was planning to ‘kidnap’ the child.
Billy was also convicted of making a threat to kill witness Ryan Hatunga on April 7 last year.
Mr Hatunga had given evidence against the schoolboy claiming he admitted committing the murder to him.
The teenage ‘hitboy’ and Billy are to be sentenced tomorrow.