Kensal Green boy wins a place at the Royal Ballet School
- Credit: Archant
Jaden Grey, 11, saw off competition from more than 450 youngsters
An 11-year-old boy from Kensal Green is celebrating after winning a place at the prestigious Royal Ballet School.
Jaden Grey (right), who started dancing at the age of eight, saw off competition from more than 450 youngsters to be awarded one of 24 coveted places.
Jaden, of Harrow Road, said it was a “dream come true”. The former Kensal Rise Primary School pupil said: “I feel very enthusiastic and special about being accepted into The London Royal. I am very excited to be going there and I hope I get on well there.”
His mother Juanita is confident he will flourish. She said: “He seemed to be a natural and his teacher always encouraged him and pushed him to reach his full potential.”
You may also want to watch:
“It will definitely be hard to get used to Jaden living away from home, but he will be in good hands at The Royal Ballet’s White Lodge.”
Jaden will leave his home in New Hope Court and start at the school this September.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 6 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 7 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize