Kensal Green animal charity urges owners to get their pets microchipped
Mayhew Animal Home is offering the procedure at a discounted price of �5 throughout June
An animal charity is urging owners to have their pets microchipped to avoid any heartache if they should go missing.
The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green, is offering the procedure at a discounted price of just �5 per animal throughout June to mark National Microchipping Month.
When a pet is microchipped a tiny chip the size of a grain of rice is inserted under the skin which holds the contact details of its owner.
If the pet goes missing and turns up elsewhere any animal welfare organisation, veterinary practice or council can scan it and retrieve the information.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Yates, CEO of The Mayhew, said: “Every year we take in hundreds of dogs and cats which have been found as strays. “Microchipping means that some of these animals can be returned to their rightful owners, who are very often extremely upset and don’t know where to look for their beloved pets.
“As June is National Microchipping Month we are asking all owners to do the responsible thing and take advantage of our great microchipping offers.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 8 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
To make an appointment, or if you have an enquiry, call the Community Veterinary Clinic on 020 8968 2447 or email email@example.com .