Kensal Green animal charity urges owners to get their pets microchipped
Mayhew Animal Home is offering the procedure at a discounted price of �5 throughout June
An animal charity is urging owners to have their pets microchipped to avoid any heartache if they should go missing.
The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green, is offering the procedure at a discounted price of just �5 per animal throughout June to mark National Microchipping Month.
When a pet is microchipped a tiny chip the size of a grain of rice is inserted under the skin which holds the contact details of its owner.
If the pet goes missing and turns up elsewhere any animal welfare organisation, veterinary practice or council can scan it and retrieve the information.
Caroline Yates, CEO of The Mayhew, said: “Every year we take in hundreds of dogs and cats which have been found as strays. “Microchipping means that some of these animals can be returned to their rightful owners, who are very often extremely upset and don’t know where to look for their beloved pets.
“As June is National Microchipping Month we are asking all owners to do the responsible thing and take advantage of our great microchipping offers.”
- 1 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 2 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 3 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 4 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 5 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 8 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
To make an appointment, or if you have an enquiry, call the Community Veterinary Clinic on 020 8968 2447 or email email@example.com .