Kensal Green animal charity urges owners to get their pets microchipped
Mayhew Animal Home is offering the procedure at a discounted price of �5 throughout June
An animal charity is urging owners to have their pets microchipped to avoid any heartache if they should go missing.
The Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green, is offering the procedure at a discounted price of just �5 per animal throughout June to mark National Microchipping Month.
When a pet is microchipped a tiny chip the size of a grain of rice is inserted under the skin which holds the contact details of its owner.
If the pet goes missing and turns up elsewhere any animal welfare organisation, veterinary practice or council can scan it and retrieve the information.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Yates, CEO of The Mayhew, said: “Every year we take in hundreds of dogs and cats which have been found as strays. “Microchipping means that some of these animals can be returned to their rightful owners, who are very often extremely upset and don’t know where to look for their beloved pets.
“As June is National Microchipping Month we are asking all owners to do the responsible thing and take advantage of our great microchipping offers.”
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
To make an appointment, or if you have an enquiry, call the Community Veterinary Clinic on 020 8968 2447 or email email@example.com .