Kaspars Gorkss: Preparation is everything for QPR this season
Kaspars Gorkss says QPR’s players are itching to go toe-to-toe with the best players in the world as they prepare for life in the Premier League.
Rangers begin their campaign at home to Bolton Wanderers on August 13, and defender Gorkss, who played in the 13-0 pre-season demolition of Tavistock on Monday evening, believes preparation is the key for Neil Warnock’s side.
“It’s exciting. To play in the Premier League is the most exciting thing that can happen to a footballer. I can’t wait,” said Gorkss (pictured).
“At the moment we’re focusing on our pre-season and getting that right, but of course it enters your thoughts about the kind of players you might be facing – the Rooneys and Drogbas.
“The most important thing though is to make sure we’re prepared for the season, which we will be.”
You may also want to watch:
Rangers were in rampant form against the minnows from the South-West Peninsula League.
The Rs were 4-0 to the good by half-time, and the floodgates opened in the second half as Hogan Ephraim hit four, Heidar Helguson grabbed two, and there were goals for Danny Shittu, Danny Webber, Matt Connolly and Petter Vaagan Moen.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
The pre-season tour of the West Country continues on Friday, against Bodmin Town, kick-off 7.15pm.
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes