Kaspars Gorkss: Preparation is everything for QPR this season
Kaspars Gorkss says QPR’s players are itching to go toe-to-toe with the best players in the world as they prepare for life in the Premier League.
Rangers begin their campaign at home to Bolton Wanderers on August 13, and defender Gorkss, who played in the 13-0 pre-season demolition of Tavistock on Monday evening, believes preparation is the key for Neil Warnock’s side.
“It’s exciting. To play in the Premier League is the most exciting thing that can happen to a footballer. I can’t wait,” said Gorkss (pictured).
“At the moment we’re focusing on our pre-season and getting that right, but of course it enters your thoughts about the kind of players you might be facing – the Rooneys and Drogbas.
“The most important thing though is to make sure we’re prepared for the season, which we will be.”
You may also want to watch:
Rangers were in rampant form against the minnows from the South-West Peninsula League.
The Rs were 4-0 to the good by half-time, and the floodgates opened in the second half as Hogan Ephraim hit four, Heidar Helguson grabbed two, and there were goals for Danny Shittu, Danny Webber, Matt Connolly and Petter Vaagan Moen.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 10 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
The pre-season tour of the West Country continues on Friday, against Bodmin Town, kick-off 7.15pm.
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes