Kaspars Gorkss: Preparation is everything for QPR this season
Kaspars Gorkss says QPR’s players are itching to go toe-to-toe with the best players in the world as they prepare for life in the Premier League.
Rangers begin their campaign at home to Bolton Wanderers on August 13, and defender Gorkss, who played in the 13-0 pre-season demolition of Tavistock on Monday evening, believes preparation is the key for Neil Warnock’s side.
“It’s exciting. To play in the Premier League is the most exciting thing that can happen to a footballer. I can’t wait,” said Gorkss (pictured).
“At the moment we’re focusing on our pre-season and getting that right, but of course it enters your thoughts about the kind of players you might be facing – the Rooneys and Drogbas.
“The most important thing though is to make sure we’re prepared for the season, which we will be.”
Rangers were in rampant form against the minnows from the South-West Peninsula League.
The Rs were 4-0 to the good by half-time, and the floodgates opened in the second half as Hogan Ephraim hit four, Heidar Helguson grabbed two, and there were goals for Danny Shittu, Danny Webber, Matt Connolly and Petter Vaagan Moen.
- 1 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 2 Brent headteacher fears pupils could bring in knives without uniform policy
- 3 Brent tower block plans may fall foul of planning law
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 New college planned to bring post-school education in Wembley
- 6 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 7 Have your say on proposed changes to constituencies in Brent
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 9 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 10 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
The pre-season tour of the West Country continues on Friday, against Bodmin Town, kick-off 7.15pm.
Follow Ian Cooper on Twitter @QPRTimes