Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: There will be a black mark against my name until full Telegraph transcripts are made public
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
QPR boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has admitted there will be a black mark against his name until the full transcript of his conversation with an undercover reporter is made public.
Rangers held an internal investigation following allegations in the Daily Telegraph that Hasselbaink asked for money to work for a company that were looking to sell players to QPR.
The club and Hasselbaink’s lawyers requested the full video and transcript of a conversation the Dutchman had with an undercover reporter, but to date have yet to receive it.
QPR issued a statement on Friday giving their full backing to their manager after an internal investigation was concluded, and while the 44-year-old admitted he was ‘naive’ during the exchanges, he has always maintained his innocence.
Hasselbaink, who says it is costing him a substantial amount of money to get hold of the full transcripts, fears his reputation has been damaged hugely by this episode though, and says that his name will continue to be tarnished until the full conversations come to light.
You may also want to watch:
He told the Times: “It will always have that (black mark) until the transcripts come out and I prove my innocence. I’ve been branded.
“If you look at my track record, look at who I know really well and look at who I have done business with here at this club, and look who I have done business with at my previous club with players then you will see a high level of professionalism and that’s that.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report