Jacksonville Jaguars to host sleepover for underprivileged children at Wembley Stadium
- Credit: Archant
An American football club will be hosting a sleepover at Wembley Stadium for 100 underprivileged children from London.
Jacksonville Jaguars will hold the event in partnership with US firm Ashley Furniture HomeStores as part of their ‘A Hope to Dream’ programme.
The NFL - franchise has a close link with London after agreeing to play one home game a season in the city until 2016.
They will be playing the Dallas Cowboys on November 9.
After the sleepover, more than half the beds will be delivered to the homes of children taking part in the event and the remaining will be donated to children’s charity Kids Company.
The charity provide practical, emotional and educational support for vulnerable children in London.
Shahid Khan, owner of both Jacksonville Jaguars and Fulham Football Club, said: “We believe that every child has the right to their own bed. It’s the last place they go at night and the first place they wake up in the morning. It’s a place of comfort and security and that’s something that no child should be without.
- 1 Wembley teen killed in collision named as police seek to trace Ford van
- 2 Brent headteacher fears pupils could bring in knives without uniform policy
- 3 Everything But the Girl singer launches bid to save Welsh Harp
- 4 Brent tower block plans may fall foul of planning law
- 5 New college planned to bring post-school education in Wembley
- 6 Judicial review could 'stop GP surgery privatisation'
- 7 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 8 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 9 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
“We’ve seen the benefits of A Hope to Dream in Jacksonville and, with our partners Ashley Furniture, we’re excited to see it have the same impact in London, our second home.”
The children taking part will also be given a tour of Wembley, a film screening with popcorn, a dance party with the cheerleaders and dinner provided by Papa John’s Pizza.
The sleepover will take place on August 30.
For more information on the Jacksonville Jaguars visit www.jaguars.com/uk<http://www.jaguars.com/uk>