It was time to repair station’s period clock
IT looks like someone at the tube station has got their measurements wildly wrong – or perhaps they were hoping no one would notice the difference. Unfortunately for tube bosses, eagle-eyed travellers were quick to alert the Times to the bizarre looking
IT looks like someone at the tube station has got their measurements wildly wrong - or perhaps they were hoping no one would notice the difference.
Unfortunately for tube bosses, eagle-eyed travellers were quick to alert the Times to the bizarre looking replacement station clock at Kilburn tube station - a clock-face that barely fills up half of its case.
Compared to the handsome period clock on the other side of the platform, it would be easy to assume that underground staff had simply run out of cash and had popped to the nearest Ikea for a new timekeeper.
However, tube bosses assured the Times that the tiny clock is a temporary replacement while the original is being fixed and will be back in its rightful place soon.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "London Underground is committed to maintaining and preserving the original heritage features on the Tube network. We keep records of all features of architectural interest and periodically carry out maintenance and restoration work to ensure that they remain in good working condition.
"The period clock at Kilburn station is no exception. Having been reported as faulty, the clock has been temporarily removed for maintenance.
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 5 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 6 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 10 Special needs school's bus cut due to petrol crisis
"The clock installed in its place is a temporary measure and the original clock will be reinstalled as soon as possible.