It’s in the cards for schoolboy
A SCHOOLBOY has been praised by Gordon Brown for his artistic skills, as he fought off stiff competition to win a Christmas card competition, writes Szu Ping Chan. Kail Czadowski, 10, from St Joseph s RC Primary School in Goodson Road, Harlesden, won t
A SCHOOLBOY has been praised by Gordon Brown for his artistic skills, as he fought off stiff competition to win a Christmas card competition, writes Szu Ping Chan.
Kail Czadowski, 10, from St Joseph's RC Primary School in Goodson Road, Harlesden, won the annual competition to design a Christmas card set by Dawn Butler, MP for Brent South.
His design features Father Christmas standing by a decorated tree and surrounded by presents. The card will be sent by Ms Butler to all her constituents.
Kail described the day as an experience of a lifetime, adding: "When I saw Gordon Brown I was surprised and excited. We looked around his office, which was very huge and posh.
You may also want to watch:
"He made me feel very important."
Kail, his mum and teachers at St Joseph's were invited to meet the prime minister and Ms Butler at the Houses of Parliament, where Kamil's design was described by the PM as 'a wonderful picture, so full of colour.'
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 7 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 8 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 9 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill