It’s in the cards for schoolboy
A SCHOOLBOY has been praised by Gordon Brown for his artistic skills, as he fought off stiff competition to win a Christmas card competition, writes Szu Ping Chan. Kail Czadowski, 10, from St Joseph s RC Primary School in Goodson Road, Harlesden, won t
A SCHOOLBOY has been praised by Gordon Brown for his artistic skills, as he fought off stiff competition to win a Christmas card competition, writes Szu Ping Chan.
Kail Czadowski, 10, from St Joseph's RC Primary School in Goodson Road, Harlesden, won the annual competition to design a Christmas card set by Dawn Butler, MP for Brent South.
His design features Father Christmas standing by a decorated tree and surrounded by presents. The card will be sent by Ms Butler to all her constituents.
Kail described the day as an experience of a lifetime, adding: "When I saw Gordon Brown I was surprised and excited. We looked around his office, which was very huge and posh.
You may also want to watch:
"He made me feel very important."
Kail, his mum and teachers at St Joseph's were invited to meet the prime minister and Ms Butler at the Houses of Parliament, where Kamil's design was described by the PM as 'a wonderful picture, so full of colour.'
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 8 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 9 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 10 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard