Investigation launched after man handcuffed by police dies in balcony fall in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
An investigation is underway into the death of 26-year-old man who fell from a balcony in Kilburn after he was handcuffed by police.
Tobias Terpilowski-Gill, from Kilburn, died from head injuries two days after the fall at his mother’s address in Ryde House in Priory Park Road.
He died on December 23 but the details have been released for the first time today by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) as part of a witness appeal.
The IPCC said police were called to the address on December 21 at 12.20pm following concerns about Mr Terpilowski-Gill’s welfare.
He was placed in handcuffs and while arrangements were being made to take him to hospital he fell from the balcony.
IPCC investigators attended the scene the same day and an independent investigation was launched.
Investigators have carried out house-to-house enquiries, witness interviews and CCTV footage of the incident has been seized and is being analysed.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 6 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 7 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 8 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
An inquest into Mr Terpilowski-Gill’s death was opened at Barnet Coroner’s Court on January 14.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to call 0800 151 0020 or email Rydehouse@ipcc.gsi.gov.uk.