Investigation launched after man handcuffed by police dies in balcony fall in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
An investigation is underway into the death of 26-year-old man who fell from a balcony in Kilburn after he was handcuffed by police.
Tobias Terpilowski-Gill, from Kilburn, died from head injuries two days after the fall at his mother’s address in Ryde House in Priory Park Road.
He died on December 23 but the details have been released for the first time today by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) as part of a witness appeal.
The IPCC said police were called to the address on December 21 at 12.20pm following concerns about Mr Terpilowski-Gill’s welfare.
He was placed in handcuffs and while arrangements were being made to take him to hospital he fell from the balcony.
You may also want to watch:
IPCC investigators attended the scene the same day and an independent investigation was launched.
Investigators have carried out house-to-house enquiries, witness interviews and CCTV footage of the incident has been seized and is being analysed.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
An inquest into Mr Terpilowski-Gill’s death was opened at Barnet Coroner’s Court on January 14.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to call 0800 151 0020 or email Rydehouse@ipcc.gsi.gov.uk.