Investigation launched after man handcuffed by police dies in balcony fall in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
An investigation is underway into the death of 26-year-old man who fell from a balcony in Kilburn after he was handcuffed by police.
Tobias Terpilowski-Gill, from Kilburn, died from head injuries two days after the fall at his mother’s address in Ryde House in Priory Park Road.
He died on December 23 but the details have been released for the first time today by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) as part of a witness appeal.
The IPCC said police were called to the address on December 21 at 12.20pm following concerns about Mr Terpilowski-Gill’s welfare.
He was placed in handcuffs and while arrangements were being made to take him to hospital he fell from the balcony.
You may also want to watch:
IPCC investigators attended the scene the same day and an independent investigation was launched.
Investigators have carried out house-to-house enquiries, witness interviews and CCTV footage of the incident has been seized and is being analysed.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 7 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 8 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
An inquest into Mr Terpilowski-Gill’s death was opened at Barnet Coroner’s Court on January 14.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to call 0800 151 0020 or email Rydehouse@ipcc.gsi.gov.uk.