Injured QPR star could be set for new contract
Warnock refuses to write off Kieron Dyer, and says the midfielder will ‘bounce back’ from his season-ending foot injury
Injured QPR midfielder Kieron Dyer will be given the chance to earn a new contract next summer, Neil Warnock has revealed.
Dyer is expected to miss the rest of the season with a foot injury, but is determined to resurrect his ailing career and will have the opportunity to do so at Loftus Road.
“He’ll bounce back again. I thought he might consider his future but having spoken to him he wants to get himself fit and prove himself in pre-season again that he warrants a contract,” said Warnock.
“It’s not money motivated, the lad wants to try and play football which is like a breath of fresh air. I wouldn’t write him off, even though it must be soul-destroying to go through what he’s been through over the last couple of years.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 3 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police