Injured QPR star could be set for new contract
Warnock refuses to write off Kieron Dyer, and says the midfielder will ‘bounce back’ from his season-ending foot injury
Injured QPR midfielder Kieron Dyer will be given the chance to earn a new contract next summer, Neil Warnock has revealed.
Dyer is expected to miss the rest of the season with a foot injury, but is determined to resurrect his ailing career and will have the opportunity to do so at Loftus Road.
“He’ll bounce back again. I thought he might consider his future but having spoken to him he wants to get himself fit and prove himself in pre-season again that he warrants a contract,” said Warnock.
“It’s not money motivated, the lad wants to try and play football which is like a breath of fresh air. I wouldn’t write him off, even though it must be soul-destroying to go through what he’s been through over the last couple of years.”
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.
- 1 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 2 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 3 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 4 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 5 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 6 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 7 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 8 Drunk Euro 2020 football fan 'saved from Wembley fall by Brent Council employee'
- 9 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 10 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range