Injured QPR star could be set for new contract
Warnock refuses to write off Kieron Dyer, and says the midfielder will ‘bounce back’ from his season-ending foot injury
Injured QPR midfielder Kieron Dyer will be given the chance to earn a new contract next summer, Neil Warnock has revealed.
Dyer is expected to miss the rest of the season with a foot injury, but is determined to resurrect his ailing career and will have the opportunity to do so at Loftus Road.
“He’ll bounce back again. I thought he might consider his future but having spoken to him he wants to get himself fit and prove himself in pre-season again that he warrants a contract,” said Warnock.
“It’s not money motivated, the lad wants to try and play football which is like a breath of fresh air. I wouldn’t write him off, even though it must be soul-destroying to go through what he’s been through over the last couple of years.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow me on Twitter @QPRTimes.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named