Independent watchdog issues a formal warning to care home in Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
Action taken against Angels Home Care Limited by Care Quality Commission
A care home in Cricklewood has been issued with a formal warning after it failed to carry out improvements requested by an independent watchdog.
Angels Home Care Limited in Clitterhouse Road, could face further action from the Care Quality Commission, unless it implements the recommendations by next week.
According to a report by CQC, the home, which provides care for 12 residents, was subjected to an unannounced visit in May.
The inspection was a direct result of an earlier visit where concerns were raised that people were not protected from the risks of unsafe or inappropriate care at the home.
You may also want to watch:
The unannounced visit concluded that records of spot checks were not being recorded, there was no evidence that care staff were being supervised or supported fully to be able to care for people effectively and the staff recruitment process was not always adequate.
If AHC, which was formerly based in Golders Green, fail another inspection they could face a restriction in the services they can offer, or be suspended or banned from continuing as a care home.
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 5 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 6 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 10 Special needs school's bus cut due to petrol crisis
They could also face fines or legal action.
A spokesman for the care home said: “The results of the Report are disappointing, but as a small business we are doing what we can to meet all our obligations.
“We implemented a number of changes immediately and continue to make changes to address the areas highlighted by the CQC inspection report.
“We take this opportunity also to state that the in-home care provided to our clients by our registered carers has always, and continues to be of the highest standards.”