Inconsistent Liverpool may prove ripe for picking
Best Bets: QPR v Liverpool
Although QPR and Liverpool hadn’t met for 15 years prior to December when they clashed at Anfield, it was pretty much a case of carrying on from where they left off during the 1990s as only one goal split the pair.
On this occasion it was Kenny Dalglish’s men who emerged 1-0 winners – making it five times in the duo’s last six meetings that one side had won by just a one-goal margin of victory – and punters can get 5/1 with Partybets about Rangers producing such a narrow triumph this time around.
In the win odds market, bet365 make Mark Hughes’ men their 5/2 underdogs to beat the Reds, who are Boylesports’ 4/5 jollies, but Rangers’ odds have to represent value considering their rivals’ inconsistency.
Indeed, Liverpool have won only one of their last six competitive games after 90 minutes, which could see Rangers take this either 1-0 or 2-1 at respective odds of 10/1 (Ladbrokes) and 12/1 (Betfred).
You may also want to watch:
Should the goals arrive, then there is every chance the opener will arrive before the 27th minute at BetVictor.com’s 20/21 odds.
An early goal may also see the hosts in front after 45 minutes at Blue Square’s 7/2, though Stan James go an appetizing 13/2 for Rangers to be in front at the end of both halves. Incidentally, BetVictor.com post an intriguing 6/5 for the game’s goal minutes to exceed 140 (goals scored on minutes 21, 42 and 85 for instance, make a total of 148).
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
While three points would be ideal, travelling fans may settle for a point via the draw at William Hill’s 5/2, with a 2-2 thriller chalked at a frothy 14/1 via Skybet.