Ian Wright offers reward to catch armed robbers who targeted his home in Kensal Rise

Ian Wright with his MBE in 2000 (Pic credit: PA)

Ian Wright with his MBE in 2000 (Pic credit: PA) - Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images

Former England footballer Ian Wright is offering a reward for information leading to the knifepoint robbers who threatened his wife during a raid at their home in Kensal Rise.

Ian Wright sent out a tweet offering a reward (Pic credit: Twitter)

Ian Wright sent out a tweet offering a reward (Pic credit: Twitter) - Credit: Archant

The ex-Arsenal striker sent out a tweet offering the reward after 39-year-old Nancy Hallam had a knife held to her throat during the attack last Wednesday.

Mr Wright flew back from Brazil where he commenting on the World Cup for ITV after hearing the news but has seen returned.

Before heading back to South America, he tweeted ‘Thank you everyone for your kind words of support. There will be a reward for any information leading to arrests. Justice will be done.’

On arrival he tweeted ‘I’m back’ with the photograph of a lion followed with a second saying ‘Anything exciting happen while I’ve been away!!!! :-)’

Ian Wright's home in Kensal Rise (Pic credit: PA)

Ian Wright's home in Kensal Rise (Pic credit: PA) - Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images


You may also want to watch:


Last week, the 50-year-old pundit revealed his MBE and a treasured watch given to him by ex team-mate Dennis Bergkamp were among the items stolen by the robbers.

The crooks knocked the door of his home at around 9.20pm before storming their way in when Ms Hallam opened the door.

Most Read

The couple’s two children were asleep in a separate room while the robbery took place.

Mr Wright condemned the robbers, calling them “kids with no respect for anything or anyone, very angry young people”.

Ian Wright tweeted to his thousands of followers that he was back in Brazil (Pic credit: Twitter)

Ian Wright tweeted to his thousands of followers that he was back in Brazil (Pic credit: Twitter) - Credit: Archant

Neighbour Matteo Ferrero, 36, who was himself a victim of a burglary in April, told the Times: “It was a huge shock and I completely understand and sympathise with the [Wright] family.

“I’d be petrified if I was held at knifepoint.”

Another neighbour, who did not want to be named, said the ordeal had left her “shaking.”

She said: “I am extremely shocked and I do feel vulnerable because I live on my own.

“It is such a shame they went through it and what a horrible thing for the children especially to experience.”

She added: “They are a delightful family. They are very low key.

“He is one of us; we do not treat him like Ian Wright the celebrity.”

The suspects are black, aged between 18-25, and were wearing dark clothing and hoodies obscuring their faces.

They spoke with a London accent.

DCI Mick Gornall, who is leading the investigation, said: “We are trying to trace these four men, and I’d ask anyone who may know anything to get in touch with my team and help us.

“Fortunately no one was injured during the burglary, but it is still very frightening to have people force their way into your home and threaten you.

“Officers went to the address and started carrying out house to house enquiries, we are also seizing and reviewing CCTV.”

Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter