Hypnotist teams up with schoolchildren in Kilburn to pen a festive book
- Credit: Archant
A hypnotist has produced a festive edition of her children’s book series written by local primary school children.
Susannah de Fere, who is also a psychotherapist by trade, turned her hand in writing and editing the children’s book on holiday.
The Story Club for Kids Winter Festivals, comprises of stories written by pupils from all over the capital – including St Mary’s RC Primary School in Canterbury Road, Kilburn.
Ms de Fere said: “I saw at first hand how children how children love telling and hearing stories. Stories they make up for themselves are far more entertaining than anything adults could come up with.”
The self published author claims the book is a testament of just how intelligent and capable children are.
“Young people are constantly told that they are not good enough and are lacking in written and reading ability but that is not true,” she added. “The stories written by these kids are excellent and will go some way in raising their self esteem.”
The Winter Festival is the second instalment of the Story Club for Kids franchise.
- 1 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 2 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 3 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 8 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 9 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 10 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
The book is available at independent stores. An electronic copy is on sale.