Hundreds take part in annual Brent Fun Run
Kingsbury event is dubbed a success
Hundreds of residents got their exercise boots on to take part in a community fun run in Fryent Country Park over the weekend.
Brent Fun Run took place on Sunday with more than 200 people of all ages taking to the leafy park on Fryent Way, Kinsgbury, to complete the challenge.
Cllr Jayesh Mistry, Wembley Central ward, took part in the event with his family.
He said: “It was very well attended, there were lots of people there, young, old and some disabled groups so it was a great mixture and showed that people in Brent were up for it.”
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully we can do it again even bigger and better next year.”
Residents had a choice of competing in either a 5km run or walk or the more leisurely 1.5km walk.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
Olympian sprinter Laura Turner was joined by London 2012 mascots Wenlock and Mandeville to compete in the run and meet residents for photographs and autographs.