Hundreds take part in annual Brent Fun Run
Kingsbury event is dubbed a success
Hundreds of residents got their exercise boots on to take part in a community fun run in Fryent Country Park over the weekend.
Brent Fun Run took place on Sunday with more than 200 people of all ages taking to the leafy park on Fryent Way, Kinsgbury, to complete the challenge.
Cllr Jayesh Mistry, Wembley Central ward, took part in the event with his family.
He said: “It was very well attended, there were lots of people there, young, old and some disabled groups so it was a great mixture and showed that people in Brent were up for it.”
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully we can do it again even bigger and better next year.”
Residents had a choice of competing in either a 5km run or walk or the more leisurely 1.5km walk.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
Olympian sprinter Laura Turner was joined by London 2012 mascots Wenlock and Mandeville to compete in the run and meet residents for photographs and autographs.