Hundreds take part in annual Brent Fun Run
Kingsbury event is dubbed a success
Hundreds of residents got their exercise boots on to take part in a community fun run in Fryent Country Park over the weekend.
Brent Fun Run took place on Sunday with more than 200 people of all ages taking to the leafy park on Fryent Way, Kinsgbury, to complete the challenge.
Cllr Jayesh Mistry, Wembley Central ward, took part in the event with his family.
He said: “It was very well attended, there were lots of people there, young, old and some disabled groups so it was a great mixture and showed that people in Brent were up for it.”
“Hopefully we can do it again even bigger and better next year.”
Residents had a choice of competing in either a 5km run or walk or the more leisurely 1.5km walk.
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 3 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 9 Drunk Euro 2020 football fan 'saved from Wembley fall by Brent Council employee'
- 10 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
Olympian sprinter Laura Turner was joined by London 2012 mascots Wenlock and Mandeville to compete in the run and meet residents for photographs and autographs.