Hundreds raised for charity
by Alex Wellman Hundreds of pounds was raised for charity after police and pubs worked together. Bar s across Brent joined forces with police to sell raffle tickets to raise money for the Mayor of Brent s chosen charities – Bang Edutainme
by Alex Wellman
Hundreds of pounds was raised for charity after police and pubs worked together.
Bar's across Brent joined forces with police to sell raffle tickets to raise money for the Mayor of Brent's chosen charities - Bang Edutainment and Age Concern Brent.
A cheque for the grand total raised, �433, was handed to Cllr Ralph Fox, the mayor in his parlour by Nick Mortimer, Brent Police Licensing.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mortimer said: "Nick Mortimer, Brent Police Licensing said:" It is a pleasure to pass on the funds raised to the Mayor's two Brent-based charities, Age Concern and Bang Edutainment.
"I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the licensees that took part in last year's Best Bar None and who helped us raise over �400. We will soon be advertising how to join this year's scheme so watch this space."
- 1 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 2 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 7 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 8 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 9 Kilburn councillor resigns from Labour group to become Independent
- 10 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
Best Bar None is an accredited award scheme supported by the Home Office and aimed at promoting responsible management and operation of alcohol-licensed premises.
The second Best Bar None Awards Ceremony in Brent took place on Friday 19th September 2008 at the Wembley Plaza Hotel with The Regency Club in Queensbury Station Parade, Queensbury, scooping the top prize.