Hundreds raised for charity
by Alex Wellman Hundreds of pounds was raised for charity after police and pubs worked together. Bar s across Brent joined forces with police to sell raffle tickets to raise money for the Mayor of Brent s chosen charities – Bang Edutainme
by Alex Wellman
Hundreds of pounds was raised for charity after police and pubs worked together.
Bar's across Brent joined forces with police to sell raffle tickets to raise money for the Mayor of Brent's chosen charities - Bang Edutainment and Age Concern Brent.
A cheque for the grand total raised, �433, was handed to Cllr Ralph Fox, the mayor in his parlour by Nick Mortimer, Brent Police Licensing.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mortimer said: "Nick Mortimer, Brent Police Licensing said:" It is a pleasure to pass on the funds raised to the Mayor's two Brent-based charities, Age Concern and Bang Edutainment.
"I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the licensees that took part in last year's Best Bar None and who helped us raise over �400. We will soon be advertising how to join this year's scheme so watch this space."
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 3 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 4 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 5 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 6 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
Best Bar None is an accredited award scheme supported by the Home Office and aimed at promoting responsible management and operation of alcohol-licensed premises.
The second Best Bar None Awards Ceremony in Brent took place on Friday 19th September 2008 at the Wembley Plaza Hotel with The Regency Club in Queensbury Station Parade, Queensbury, scooping the top prize.