Hundreds help to celebrate £90m Wembley Central redevelopment
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of locals, shoppers and passing rugby fans enjoyed the first of two consecutive Saturdays of public entertainment to celebrate the newly redeveloped £90million Wembley Central.
Crowds watched Bollywood dancers perform while being entertained by stilt walkers and balloon modelling. Hordes of children enjoyed having their faces painted and receiving congratulatory chocolate eggs.
Anyone who missed it need not despair as this Saturday the stilt walkers, face painters and balloon modellers will be back with free chocolate eggs as part of the Easter weekend.
Costa, which opened just over a month ago, will offer cake tasting and balloons outside their new store on the main parade.
The events are hosted by regeneration specialists St Modwen, keen to show off the result of the multi million pound investment.
You may also want to watch:
Killian Morris, senior development manager at St. Modwen said: “Saturday provided us with chance to showcase the ongoing success story that is Wembley Central and to welcome current and new shoppers to the area to join in and have some fun.”
Wembley Central also includes new homes, a new public square, enhanced train station, refurbished 24 hour multi-storey car park and gym facilities.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley