Hundreds flock to ‘Love Where You Live’ event in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Budding sports stars, keep-fit fans and social enterprises gathered for an afternoon of healthy living activities and “community reunion” at Monks Park in Brent on Sunday.
Over 300 members of the community came together for Brent’s fourth ‘Love Where You Live’ event, featuring football trials and skills sessions, complementary BMI tests and a range of treats and gifts from local businesses.
Event founder Davina Roberts, 36, said: “It was an excellent day and I was just amazed it was happening after six weeks of preparation. With Love Where You Live it’s the people and the community that make it what it is.”
The event kicked off at 12pm with a traditional African drumming performance from musician Baba Adesose, 70, and participants, who ranged from 3 to 80 years of age also had the chance to meet with Mayor of Brent Cllr Kana Naheerathan.
Davina thanked all local businesses and sports organizers who attended the event and praised her team members for their continued hard work.
You may also want to watch:
The Love Where You Live initiative, which aims to “promote unity and culture” within Brent, is planning to hold a series of markets and community events over the summer months.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 4 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet