Hundreds evacuated following bomb scare in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Workers at Brent House had to wait in a nearby park for an hour
Police rushed to the scene and businesses had to be evacuated following a bomb threat at an office block in Wembley this morning..
Fire engines and police were called to the scene at Brent House, which is used by Brent Council, in Wembley High Road, at around 9.50am.
A witness said council workers were evacuated and made to wait in King Edward VII Park in nearby Park Lane, following the scare.
Evacuees were made to wait for an hour until the all clear given at around 11am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Brent Police said: “The building was evacuated and the surrounding area was cordoned off for public safety.
“The search was completed with negative result.”
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley