Hundreds evacuated following bomb scare in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Workers at Brent House had to wait in a nearby park for an hour
Police rushed to the scene and businesses had to be evacuated following a bomb threat at an office block in Wembley this morning..
Fire engines and police were called to the scene at Brent House, which is used by Brent Council, in Wembley High Road, at around 9.50am.
A witness said council workers were evacuated and made to wait in King Edward VII Park in nearby Park Lane, following the scare.
Evacuees were made to wait for an hour until the all clear given at around 11am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Brent Police said: “The building was evacuated and the surrounding area was cordoned off for public safety.
“The search was completed with negative result.”
- 1 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 5 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 6 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 7 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 8 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year