Huge litter clean up underway in Wembley
Staff at ASDA in Forty Lane clean the streets of rubbish
A huge rubbish clear up is underway today as colleagues from a supermarket giant strive to spruce up the streets around Wembley.
Store workers at ASDA in Forty Lane, have joined forces with some local councillors and Brent Police to organise the big litter pick around the Chalkhill area.
Tracey Henry, a community champion colleague at ASDA, said they had seen “the best turnout we’ve ever had,” with over forty employees pitching in.
She said: “We want to make a difference to the local community and show our customers that we are supporting them and their environment.”
You may also want to watch:
She has been joined by Nathan Newark, store manager and Andrew Holmes, regional manager who have been working since the early hours to clear the streets of rubbish.
Mayor of Brent Cllr Michael Adeyeye also came to help support the cause along with Brent Council leader, Cllr Muhammed Butt alongside Cllr Michael Pavey, Cllr Shafique Choudhary and Cllr Reg Colwill.
- 1 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 5 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 6 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 7 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 8 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
Cllr Pavey, a Barnhill ward councillor, where the store is located, said: “I’m staring at twenty bags of rubbish right now but I’m having a great time,”
“The day is going really well.”
The Wembley clear up is part of a larger week long ASDA project to clean up the streets, with over 600 employees helping out at their regional stores.
The clean up will last until 4pm.