Huddersfield 0-1 QPR: Ramsey insists Rs won’t get carried away after third straight league win
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Chris Ramsey insists his QPR side won’t be getting carried away after seeing them move up to fourth in the Championship table with victory at Huddersfield on Saturday.
Tjaronn Chery’s 84th minute goal was enough to settle a hard-fought contest at the John Smith’s Stadium, as Ramsey’s men secured a third straight league win – the first time they have put together such a run since January 28 2014.
Ramsey said after the game: “Life is good at the moment, but we won’t get carried away.
“It’s a great way to round off a solid month, but we’ve got to make sure we keep doing what we do now.”
The Rs head coach paid tribute to his defence after they ensured they would be heading back to London with a first clean sheet in the league so far this season.
He added: “I thought the back four were excellent today – that was very pleasing. They played with their heads against a decent front two, who were a real handful at times.
“We never gave up, we never changed the game plan – we just stuck to our task and if you do that, more often than not you’ll get a chance and we did just that today.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 6 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 7 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 8 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
- 9 Man due in court over Wembley murder
- 10 London among areas where drought is declared
“We didn’t play particularly well, but a win is a win – and winning with a clean sheet is very satisfying. We’ve got to keep this going now.”
Ramsey also reserved praise for summer recruit Chery, who has now scored three goals in his last two games for the Rs.
“Long may it continue! He’s settled in well since the minute he arrived, but there’s so much more to come from him,” said Ramsey.
“I’ve been on at him to get into the box and take a gamble – and he did that today and got his reward.”