How to kick start a new job search
OUT of work residents looking for career training and new jobs are invited to visit advice specialists to help kick start their careers. Westminster Works is an employment and training scheme for Westminster residents aged between 20 and 65, providing ac
OUT of work residents looking for career training and new jobs are invited to visit advice specialists to help kick start their careers.
Westminster Works is an employment and training scheme for Westminster residents aged between 20 and 65, providing access to jobs, work placements, training, volunteering networks and careers advice.
Surgeries with advisors are held in Maida Vale, Abbey Road, Westbourne, Church Street and Harrow Road, who can guide participants through their career prospects.
Advisor Wray Bennett, who has launched a free weekly advice surgery in Harrow Road for Harrow Road Neighbourhood Partnership, said: "This may sound hopeful in a recession but there are definitely jobs out there if you know where to look for them.
You may also want to watch:
"Westminster Works Advisors have access to a regular supply of new jobs and volunteering opportunities on a weekly basis and since the programme started last year we've engaged with more than 1,000 people and assisted more than 300 residents into employment or training."
Residents can also receive help with CV writing, application form filling, interview techniques and just about anything else that is required to help them to prepare for employment.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
Mr Bennett said: "Signing up to the Westminster Works programme is an ideal way to remove any barriers to finding a job."
He will be on hand for employment advice at Harrow Road Neighbourhood Centre in Harrow Road, Ladbroke Grove, every Wednesday between 11am and 1pm.
Ring 020 3214 3113 to book an appointment with Wray.