How to kick start a new job search
OUT of work residents looking for career training and new jobs are invited to visit advice specialists to help kick start their careers. Westminster Works is an employment and training scheme for Westminster residents aged between 20 and 65, providing ac
OUT of work residents looking for career training and new jobs are invited to visit advice specialists to help kick start their careers.
Westminster Works is an employment and training scheme for Westminster residents aged between 20 and 65, providing access to jobs, work placements, training, volunteering networks and careers advice.
Surgeries with advisors are held in Maida Vale, Abbey Road, Westbourne, Church Street and Harrow Road, who can guide participants through their career prospects.
Advisor Wray Bennett, who has launched a free weekly advice surgery in Harrow Road for Harrow Road Neighbourhood Partnership, said: "This may sound hopeful in a recession but there are definitely jobs out there if you know where to look for them.
You may also want to watch:
"Westminster Works Advisors have access to a regular supply of new jobs and volunteering opportunities on a weekly basis and since the programme started last year we've engaged with more than 1,000 people and assisted more than 300 residents into employment or training."
Residents can also receive help with CV writing, application form filling, interview techniques and just about anything else that is required to help them to prepare for employment.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Summer in the City: Five things to do in Brent this weekend
Mr Bennett said: "Signing up to the Westminster Works programme is an ideal way to remove any barriers to finding a job."
He will be on hand for employment advice at Harrow Road Neighbourhood Centre in Harrow Road, Ladbroke Grove, every Wednesday between 11am and 1pm.
Ring 020 3214 3113 to book an appointment with Wray.