How I got back on the fitness wagon after falling off
- Credit: Archant
I am currently standing in a corner sulking.
Why you might ask?
Because I have let myself down and more importantly I have let down Adam Fernec my personal trainer at Fit4Less Gym in Kilburn High Road.
I swore I wouldn’t be one of those January gym bunnies who fall off the wagon by February but I came crashing down at a great height suffering cuts and bruises as I bumped along.
Now I could just shrug my shoulders and pretend I never entered a gym in 2016 but I would be lying to myself (and everyone who has read my previous column).
So I’ve decided to get back on that wagon and hold on to it as tight as I do when I’m using a kettlebell.
You may also want to watch:
Because believe me if you let go of a kettlebell while you are training you’ll probably claim the lives of a couple of gym goers and ended up crippling a few along the way - damn that thing is heavy.
I have never used a kettlebell and thought it was one of the ‘fad things’ used by celebrities when they know the paparazzi are taking photographs of them training in the park.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
It was refreshing to know they are far from being a fad but a great way to lose weight and tone up.
So what’s the difference between a kettlebell and doing ‘normal’ weights you may ask?
Well I did when Adam first introduce them to me.
The difference is when using weights you have to be very controlled for obvious reasons but with a kettlebell as long as you hold on tight you can swing it around.
I love it.
Yes it’s heavy but I’m a heavy girl, so it can only be a good thing.
And another good thing is despite missing a few gym session I still managed to lose weight.
But I’m not going to be smug as I have quite a way to go………