House fire in Kilburn leaves man and woman needing hospital treatment
Two people were treated in hospital following a house fire in Kilburn believed to have been started by a cigarette.
A man escaped but a woman was rescued by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus from the blaze in Streatley Road, the early hours of Saturday morning.
Both were rushed to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Four fire engines and around 20 firefighters from West Hampstead, Willesden and Fulham stations dealt with the blaze.
An investigation into the 6.45am fire is underway but officers believe a carelessly stubbed out cigarette is to blame.
You may also want to watch:
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “Cigarettes can smoulder for quite some time if not extinguished properly.
“Make sure you fully extinguish cigarettes before discarding of them- we recommend filling your ashtray with water at the end of the night to make sure all embers are out.”
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley