Hounds on the Heath event a success for The Mayhew Animal Home
- Credit: Archant
Visitors with two and four legs joined in with a day of fun held by an animal charity in Kensal Green at the weekend.
More than 500 people, including celebrities and famous judges, attended The Mayhew Animal Home’s ‘Hounds on the Heath ‘event on Hampstead Heath.
The popular dog show got bigger and better as it brought together an eclectic mix of stalls, activities and entertainment, for pooches and people alike.
Organiser Jemma Gillard said: “It went really smoothly, it was a brilliant day.
“A lot of different dogs and dog-walkers came.”
All the different dogs competing in the show on Saturday were judged by high-profile celebrities from MP Kerry McCarthy to Kiss FM DJ Pandora Christie and Lucy The Rescue Cavalier.
TV presenter Anneka Svenska and actor Dan Richardson also attended on the day, although in a non-judging capacity.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 6 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 7 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 8 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 9 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 10 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
Events on the day also offered opportunities for all the family including dogs to splurge over stalls and win amazing prizes in a raffle, as well as meet dog behaviourist expert Kevin McNicholas.
Ms Gillard added: “Everyone really enjoyed themselves and had a successful day.
“We are still counting how much we took on the day, but it looks set to double last year’s takings and attendance.”
To find out more about The Mayhew visit themayhew.org.