Hospital charity appeals for sponsored runners to take part in British 10K
- Credit: Archant
A hospital charity is appealing for big-hearted runners to raise money on their behalf by taking part in this year’s British 10K.
Imperial College Healthcare Charity will use the funds to supports a huge array of research and studies that improve the service and healthcare delivered to patients living in eight boroughs including Brent.
The British 10K will take place in July with more than 25,000 runners taking part annually and 40,000 supporters turning up on the day.
Last year the charity had a dedicated team of six runners who raised more than £1,300 which will improve service and patient care at Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and Western Eye hospitals.
Projects currently underway as a result of charity funding includes research into a rare form of genetic diabetes that affects the young, a pioneering app aimed at GPs that is helping in the fight against anti-microbial resistance and a new head and neck cancer clinic at Charing Cross Hospital for recently diagnosed patients.
You may also want to watch:
The charity is also in the midst of a major trauma centre appeal which supports some of the most severely injured people in London and the South East through the centre at St Mary’s Hospital, and a paediatric appeal which supports respite days for the long-term sick children in London.
Claire Teager, individual giving fundraiser for the charity, said: “We’d love to be able to beat the amount we raised from the event in 2013, so please get in touch if you’re interested. “Our work and the numerous communities wouldn’t be possible without the support we get from donors and people who take part in events like the British 10K.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
Registration is £25 with a minimum sponsorship of £250.
To find out more visit www.imperialcharity.org.uk/events/british-10k-2014, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 312 2205.