Hooks can hand out Capital punishment
CAPITAL City Academy will be staging a boxing bonanza when nearby Hooks ABC take on the Olympic Club, Galway, in November.
Junior ABA champion Luke Robinson is among the Hooks contingent that will feature on the show, with a minimum of 14 bouts already scheduled from 7.30pm on Friday November 19.
The Hooks team will include a sprinkling of students from the Willesden school, including Zayn Khan, who recorded his third win in four contests at Earlsfield ABC last Saturday.
Khan defeated the home club’s Danny Morning on a majority decision, recovering from a slow start against a more experienced opponent and making good use of his reach to dominate the second and third rounds.
You may also want to watch:
Former European light-welterweight champion Francis Barrett, who started out at the Galway club before moving to Wembley, has helped to organise the show.
Tickets for the night’s boxing, priced at �10 for adults and �5 for under-16s and senior citizens, will be available from the school during the coming weeks.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Wembley sickle cell sufferer died due to 'neglect' at Northwick Park Hospital