Hooks can hand out Capital punishment
CAPITAL City Academy will be staging a boxing bonanza when nearby Hooks ABC take on the Olympic Club, Galway, in November.
Junior ABA champion Luke Robinson is among the Hooks contingent that will feature on the show, with a minimum of 14 bouts already scheduled from 7.30pm on Friday November 19.
The Hooks team will include a sprinkling of students from the Willesden school, including Zayn Khan, who recorded his third win in four contests at Earlsfield ABC last Saturday.
Khan defeated the home club’s Danny Morning on a majority decision, recovering from a slow start against a more experienced opponent and making good use of his reach to dominate the second and third rounds.
You may also want to watch:
Former European light-welterweight champion Francis Barrett, who started out at the Galway club before moving to Wembley, has helped to organise the show.
Tickets for the night’s boxing, priced at �10 for adults and �5 for under-16s and senior citizens, will be available from the school during the coming weeks.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize