Home Office to target bosses who employ illegal immigrants in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Rogue bosses in Wembley who employ illegal immigrants will be targeted as part of a Home Office initiative.
Operation Skybreaker is aimed at weeding out businesses who exploit illegal immigrants by paying them below the minimum wage and breaching employment laws.
According Cllr James Denselow, Brent Council’s lead member for stronger communities, the town hall has raised concerns with the Home Office about impact the operation could have on the community if it is mishandled.
He added: “The council will be working with, and on behalf of the community, to closely monitor how the operation is conducted in our borough.
“The Home Office has provided reassurances that the operation will encourage compliance rather than take a heavy-handed approach and given reassurance that this is an information exercise aimed at all business premises in Wembley Central.”
A Home Office spokesman said they do not comment on operational matters.
- 1 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 4 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 5 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 8 Harlesden TSB branch faces the axe
- 9 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 10 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets