Home form key for QPR, says Austin
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Charlie Austin says QPR’s impressive home form must continue after the striker’s stunning goal against Charlton made it six wins from seven games at Loftus Road.
Austin’s 30-yard shot secured another three points for Harry Redknapp’s promotion-chasing side, who stay third in the Championship behind leaders Burnley and Leicester City.
Rangers have conceded just two goals at Loftus Road all season, and Austin says it is their form in west London which will act as the bedrock of their promotion challenge.
“We did have to grind it out but it was important to get another three points at home,” said Austin. “If we can stay unbeaten here then that will stand us in good stead.”
Austin had not scored for QPR since the 2-2 draw at Millwall in October, but his strike against the Addicks made it seven league goals this season, and came eight months after he netted a similarly spectacular goal for Burnley against the same opponents.
You may also want to watch:
Austin said: “I whacked one in at the Valley for Burnley, so those two are up there. Their keeper told me I need to stop whacking them in from 30 yards!
“It’s a once in a season kind of thing. For me I’ll take all kind of goals, as long as we get the three points, that’s the main thing. I’m not setting targets, I just want to score as many goals as I can. It’s the same year, I want to get QPR in the mix come May.”
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley