Hollywood Batman actor Morgan Freeman visits mosque in Queen’s Park
- Credit: Archant
Hollywood star Morgan Freeman visited a mosque in Queen’s Park as part of his documentary series on different faiths.
The Oscar award-winning Shawshank Redemption actor spent three hours at the Al-Khoei Islamic Mosque in Chevening Road, speaking to its members and taking part in ceremonies.
Around 1,000 members packed into the mosque to commemmorate Ashura, a special holy day.
They were suprised to see the 79-year-old inside the mosque, who was filming for ‘The Story of God with Morgan Freeman’, on Tuesday evening.
Yousif Al-Khoei OBE, the mosque’s director of public affairs, told the Times they had kept his scheduled visit under wraps.
He said: “Mr Morgan spent three hours talking to members and he was very keen to bring a better understanding of faith communities and everything we symbolise.
You may also want to watch:
“We want different faith communities to work together and tackle hate crimes such as Islamaphomia, Shiaphobia and anti-Semitism.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears