Hilton Hotel in Wembley gives students a taste of luxury hospitality
- Credit: Archant
Aqsa Rashid and Aminah Abdelhamid completed work experience at four star hotel
A pair of students were given a taste of the world of luxury hospitality thanks to a project organised by Wembley’s Hilton Hotel.
Aqsa Rashid and Aminah Abdelhamid were offered work experience as part of the hotel chain’s Careers@Hiltonlive project, aimed at raising awareness of careers in the hospitality industry.
The pair worked in various roles including concierge and housekeeping and one was given work experience with the hotel’s Human Resources (HR) department.
Ben Bengougam, vice president of HR for Europe, Middle East and Africa, Hilton Worldwide, said: “Young people are facing one of the most challenging employment markets for some time so it is more important than ever to ensure they receive valuable information and advice about the options available and the skills and attributes they will need once they embark on their chosen careers.”
You may also want to watch:
The hotel, in Lakeside Way, worked with Slenky, a Wembley based start up on-line business supporting youth employment.
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 3 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 4 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 5 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'frustrated' with defeat away to Bournemouth
- 7 QPR fall short away to Bournemouth to end unbeaten run
- 8 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
- 9 'Struggling' teen taking Brent Council to court over its homeless policies
- 10 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan