Hilton Hotel in Wembley gives students a taste of luxury hospitality
- Credit: Archant
Aqsa Rashid and Aminah Abdelhamid completed work experience at four star hotel
A pair of students were given a taste of the world of luxury hospitality thanks to a project organised by Wembley’s Hilton Hotel.
Aqsa Rashid and Aminah Abdelhamid were offered work experience as part of the hotel chain’s Careers@Hiltonlive project, aimed at raising awareness of careers in the hospitality industry.
The pair worked in various roles including concierge and housekeeping and one was given work experience with the hotel’s Human Resources (HR) department.
Ben Bengougam, vice president of HR for Europe, Middle East and Africa, Hilton Worldwide, said: “Young people are facing one of the most challenging employment markets for some time so it is more important than ever to ensure they receive valuable information and advice about the options available and the skills and attributes they will need once they embark on their chosen careers.”
You may also want to watch:
The hotel, in Lakeside Way, worked with Slenky, a Wembley based start up on-line business supporting youth employment.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing