High road DVD sellers arrested
by Robyn Rosen MORE than 10 illegal DVD sellers have been arrested in a crackdown by police officers to sweep the crime off the high street. Chinese gangs are flooding Kilburn High Road with their counterfeit films but in recent week
by Robyn Rosen
MORE than 10 illegal DVD sellers have been arrested in a crackdown by police officers to sweep the crime off the high street.
Chinese gangs are flooding Kilburn High Road with their counterfeit films but in recent weeks, Kilburn Safer Neighbourhood Team has made a series of arrests, all leading in convictions.
Ai Chon Wang, 37, Xiao Ming Xu, 25, Ping Ye, 28 and Jin Wang, 36, were arrested on June 26 and sentenced to a mixture of custodial and suspended sentences.
You may also want to watch:
Lin Weng, 31, Mei He, 34, Ai Zhen, 44, Qing Yu, 30, and Guang Mo Wang, 43, were arrested on May 2 and given 16-20 week prison sentences.
Kang Lin, 41, was arrested on July 5 and on Saturday another man was arrested and is awaiting trial.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
Sgt Eddie Odita, of the Kilburn Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "It's a continuous drive by the team to tackle the problem of illegal DVD sellers. We take this crime very seriously. We will continue to target them both in uniforms and plain clothes.
"We're also trying to encourage residents and users of the high street not to buy from these illegal sellers."