High road DVD sellers arrested
by Robyn Rosen MORE than 10 illegal DVD sellers have been arrested in a crackdown by police officers to sweep the crime off the high street. Chinese gangs are flooding Kilburn High Road with their counterfeit films but in recent week
by Robyn Rosen
MORE than 10 illegal DVD sellers have been arrested in a crackdown by police officers to sweep the crime off the high street.
Chinese gangs are flooding Kilburn High Road with their counterfeit films but in recent weeks, Kilburn Safer Neighbourhood Team has made a series of arrests, all leading in convictions.
Ai Chon Wang, 37, Xiao Ming Xu, 25, Ping Ye, 28 and Jin Wang, 36, were arrested on June 26 and sentenced to a mixture of custodial and suspended sentences.
You may also want to watch:
Lin Weng, 31, Mei He, 34, Ai Zhen, 44, Qing Yu, 30, and Guang Mo Wang, 43, were arrested on May 2 and given 16-20 week prison sentences.
Kang Lin, 41, was arrested on July 5 and on Saturday another man was arrested and is awaiting trial.
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 8 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 9 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard
- 10 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
Sgt Eddie Odita, of the Kilburn Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "It's a continuous drive by the team to tackle the problem of illegal DVD sellers. We take this crime very seriously. We will continue to target them both in uniforms and plain clothes.
"We're also trying to encourage residents and users of the high street not to buy from these illegal sellers."