High Road blaze escape
DISTRESSED residents ran from a flat as a fire tore through it during the mid-morning rush on Friday June 4, writes Ima Jackson-Obot . The fire-brigade were called to the Kings Gardens flats in Quex Road, Kilburn at 9.49am and it took just over three ho
DISTRESSED residents ran from a flat as a fire tore through it during the mid-morning rush on Friday June 4, writes Ima Jackson-Obot
The fire-brigade were called to the Kings Gardens flats in Quex Road, Kilburn at 9.49am and it took just over three hours till 12.57 to get the fire under control.
No-one was injured but around half of the fifth-floor flat was damaged and 80 people had to be evacuated from the block.
You may also want to watch:
Six fire engines and around 30 firefighters from West Hampstead and surrounding fire stations attended.
Kash Zafrani, 32, a Quex Road resident had just left his shop nearby at about 10.30am when he saw smoke billowing from the building.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
He said that West-end Lane was blocked off at the junction of Quex Road and Abbey Road and he could see about 10 police and fire-brigade vehicles.
"Buses came to a standstill and the whole place was in chaos," Mr Zafrani added.
He said that mothers and children were waiting at bus stops for the route 328 and 139 which couldn't get through because West-end Lane was closed off.
The cause of the blaze is now under investigation.