‘Heated words’ at half-time were needed says QPR captain Hall
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Queens Park Rangers captain Grant Hall discusses the 3-1 Championship win over Preston North End on Saturday.
QPR captain Grant Hall admits there were "heated words" exchanged during half-time of the 3-1 win at Preston on Saturday.
Rangers found themselves a goal down at the break through Daniel Johnson's penalty but Hall scored his fifth goal of the season to equalise after the restart.
And despite Geoff Cameron's sending off, goals from Ryan Manning and Ebere Eze handed them victory and Hall believes the players needed to speak their minds at the break.
"There was heated words at half-time between the lads because we were nowhere near our level in the first half," he told qpr.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
"We were angry and we needed a reaction second half and you saw that.
"Everyone chips in. Everyone has their say but it needed to be said, a few of the things in the changing room, and you definitely saw the reaction second half because first half Preston were much better than us.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 4 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 5 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 10 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
"We played some of our best football second half and we really dominated."