Heart of Wembley festival set to bring great food, dancing and music
- Credit: Heart of Wembley Festival
Expect a afternoon of vibrancy, music and community spirit this Saturday as the Heart of Wembley festival returns.
The third annual event will see a mix of both local and professional music, as well as dancing and a veritable feast of food inspired by the diversity of the local community.
Head to Wembley to sample street food from places as far apart as Hungary and Nepal, while there will also be the chance to watch African drumming. and dancing spanning the globe, too.
The event is organised by Wembley Futures, a charity which, with the help of lottery funding through the Big Local initiative, is helping to transfrom quality of life and community spirit in the area,
Francis Henry, who chairs Wembley Futures, said: “I hope to both new and old faces at the festival.
“We are building on the success of the previous two years and look forward to a great day out with friends, family and neighbours, it promises to be a fun-packed day.”
The Mayor of Brent Cllr Arshad Mahmood will open the festival, which runs from 1 till 5 on Saturday on St Johns Road, off Wembley High Road.
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 5 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 8 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing