Weekend power cut forces Northwick Park Hospital to use generators
- Credit: Archant
Medics and staff at Northwick Park Hospital were forced to use generator power to treat patients for 24 hours after the main electricity supply failed over the weekend.
Managers at the hospital in Watford Road activated the back-up electricity supply to run vital health equipment on Saturday evening and returned to the main supply on Sunday evening after energy company representatives resolved the issue.
Residents posted messages to social media about the impact of the power failure on patients receiving care at the hospital.
Social media user Shrey Puranik posted: “@UKPowerNetworks hey guys, any idea when the area around Northwick Park Hospital will be back with power? Concerned for patients/hospital”.
Northwest London Hospital Trust (LNWH), which runs Northwick Park Hospital, posted a series of tweets on social media site Twitter on Saturday evening saying: “We are currently experiencing disruption to the main electrical supply to Northwick Park Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“The problem is external to the hospital and the energy company responsible is working to resolve the issue.
“The hospital has activated its business continuity plan and our patient services, including heating and meals, are not affected.”
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 3 QPR boss Warburton pleased with performance in Leicester draw
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 10 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
The 463-bed hospital, which had a £21million makeover for its A&E department in 2014, also provides major acute health services alongside paediatric and elderly care.
A spokesman for LNWH NHS Trust, which manages the hospital, said: “During the weekend we experienced disruption to the main electrical supply at Northwick Park Hospital.
“The cause of the problem was external to the hospital and the energy provider worked to resolve the issue by Sunday evening.”