Vale Farm Sports Centre relaunches with £1.7m makeover
- Credit: Archant
A sports centre hosted an action-packed open day attended by high profile sports stars to commemorate its big money renovation.
Olympic swimmer and sports presenter Steve Parry and Saracens rugby player Nathan Earl were among the guests at a free day of activities at Vale Farm Sports Centre, Watford Road, Wembley, to celebrate the completion of a £1.7m makeover.
Vale Farm aims to improve community health by offering more than 50 group exercise classes per week, instruction sessions for groups such as overweight children, rehabilitation patients, disabled people and at-risk groups, and ladies-only sessions.
This news the announcement of proposals to redevelop Bridge Park Sport Centre in a bid to tackle the borough’s growing obesity problems.
Cllr Roxanne Mashari, Brent Council’s lead member for enviroment and neighbourhoods, said: “The council strives to offer good quality sports and leisure facilities to local people in order to encourage them to stay fit and healthy.
You may also want to watch:
“Significant sums of money has been invested in making big improvements at the centre and offering more classes.”
Mark Leahy, Everyone Active Contract Manager said: “Re-investment is one of our core principles and we are delighted with the modernisation and improvements made which will greatly enhance the fitness and leisure experience here at Vale Farm Sports Centre.”
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 7 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 8 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 9 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
“We hope the local community will take the chance to try some of the amazing new facilities on offer.”
Membership starts from £29 per month. Students and elderly residents are offered a discounted package.