Vale Farm Sports Centre relaunches with £1.7m makeover
- Credit: Archant
A sports centre hosted an action-packed open day attended by high profile sports stars to commemorate its big money renovation.
Olympic swimmer and sports presenter Steve Parry and Saracens rugby player Nathan Earl were among the guests at a free day of activities at Vale Farm Sports Centre, Watford Road, Wembley, to celebrate the completion of a £1.7m makeover.
Vale Farm aims to improve community health by offering more than 50 group exercise classes per week, instruction sessions for groups such as overweight children, rehabilitation patients, disabled people and at-risk groups, and ladies-only sessions.
This news the announcement of proposals to redevelop Bridge Park Sport Centre in a bid to tackle the borough’s growing obesity problems.
Cllr Roxanne Mashari, Brent Council’s lead member for enviroment and neighbourhoods, said: “The council strives to offer good quality sports and leisure facilities to local people in order to encourage them to stay fit and healthy.
You may also want to watch:
“Significant sums of money has been invested in making big improvements at the centre and offering more classes.”
Mark Leahy, Everyone Active Contract Manager said: “Re-investment is one of our core principles and we are delighted with the modernisation and improvements made which will greatly enhance the fitness and leisure experience here at Vale Farm Sports Centre.”
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 8 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 9 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
“We hope the local community will take the chance to try some of the amazing new facilities on offer.”
Membership starts from £29 per month. Students and elderly residents are offered a discounted package.