Coronavirus: Two more die in Brent from Covid-19 virus bringing total to six
- Credit: PA
Two more people have died from coronavirus in Brent bringing the total in the borough to six.
The two patients were being treated at Northwick Park Hospital, part of the London North West University Hospital (LNWUH) NHS Trust.
A further 27 people who tested positive for the coronavirus (Covid-19) have died in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in England to 128, according to NHS England.
A spokesperson said: “Patients were aged between 47 and 96 years old and had underlying health conditions.
“Their families have been informed.”
Three people died yesterday and last week a man in his 60s was the first in the borough to die.
The total number of people to have died in the UK after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK now stands at 137.
- 1 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 2 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 3 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 4 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 5 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 6 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 7 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 8 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 9 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
The number of people who have been tested in Brent for the virus and found to be infected has nearly doubled to 45.
Brent has the sixth highest numbers of recorded positive cases in the capital, and eighth nationally.