Coronavirus: Two more die in Brent from Covid-19 virus bringing total to six
- Credit: PA
Two more people have died from coronavirus in Brent bringing the total in the borough to six.
The two patients were being treated at Northwick Park Hospital, part of the London North West University Hospital (LNWUH) NHS Trust.
A further 27 people who tested positive for the coronavirus (Covid-19) have died in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in England to 128, according to NHS England.
A spokesperson said: “Patients were aged between 47 and 96 years old and had underlying health conditions.
“Their families have been informed.”
Three people died yesterday and last week a man in his 60s was the first in the borough to die.
The total number of people to have died in the UK after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK now stands at 137.
- 1 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 2 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 3 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 4 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 5 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 6 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 7 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 8 Drunk Euro 2020 football fan 'saved from Wembley fall by Brent Council employee'
- 9 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 10 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
The number of people who have been tested in Brent for the virus and found to be infected has nearly doubled to 45.
Brent has the sixth highest numbers of recorded positive cases in the capital, and eighth nationally.