Top-class Cricket training for Paddington Juniors
- Credit: Archant
Budding cricket stars in Paddington will have the chance to train with top-class coaches as part of a summer-long bid to get boys and girls playing for Marylebone Cricket Club’s first ever community youth team.
30 boys and girls aged 13 and under were encouraged to take up bat and ball at the first of Paddington Junior’s weekly training sessions held at Paddington Recreation Ground in Randolph Avenue last week.
Following Marylebone Cricket Club’s team up with Middlesex Cricket Club and Westminster Council, four new teams of under-13’s will receive top-flight training and will also have the chance to tour Lord’s Cricket ground as part of their entry to the sport.
The weekly sessions, which cost £1 per child, will run from 4pm-6pm every Monday throughout the summer and will be led by coaches from Middlesex Cricket Club.
Derek Brewer, Chief Executive of Marylebone Cricket Club, which owns Lord’s Cricket Ground in St John’s Wood said: “It’s a real pleasure to give boys and girls from our local community- many of whom are new to cricket- the chance to learn the sport in a fun and affordable way.”
You may also want to watch:
“This project is part of our work in promoting the sport to those who may not have had the opportunity to play before, and I hope to see many children join Padding Juniors throughout the summer”.
Young players will also have the chance to get involved with arts projects at the ground organized by more than 30 schools.
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 6 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 7 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 8 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 9 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
For more information on Paddington Juniors, see lords.org/community.