The Times teams up with personal trainer Matt Wolstenholme to get Brent fit
- Credit: Archant
With Brent among the worst boroughs in London for heart disease, diabetes and obesity many residents will be looking to give their health a boost this year.
If you are struggling to fit into your favourite pair of trousers or find yourself stopping for breath as you climb a flight of stairs then help is at hand.
Kingsbury-based personal trainer extraordinaire and Guinness World Record holder Matt Wolstenholme has agreed to take on one of his toughest challenges – helping news editor Lorraine King get fit.
Our Lorraine has committed to doing a 10K run this year and Matt has just over six months to help her – and you – get in shape.
Matt, who is one of London’s most sought-after trainers, has agreed to take no prisoners with Lorraine and put her through a rigorous training regime that you at home can join in with.
You may also want to watch:
Every step of the way he will be giving readers top tips, motivational words as well as writing a column offering the latest in healthy advice.
Matt will also be showing readers how they can increase their health and fitness without the use of a gym both inside and outside the home.
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 6 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 7 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 8 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 9 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
The first column will be in next week’s Times published on January 30.
For more information about Matt visit mattpt.co.uk.