The Times teams up with personal trainer Matt Wolstenholme to get Brent fit
- Credit: Archant
With Brent among the worst boroughs in London for heart disease, diabetes and obesity many residents will be looking to give their health a boost this year.
If you are struggling to fit into your favourite pair of trousers or find yourself stopping for breath as you climb a flight of stairs then help is at hand.
Kingsbury-based personal trainer extraordinaire and Guinness World Record holder Matt Wolstenholme has agreed to take on one of his toughest challenges – helping news editor Lorraine King get fit.
Our Lorraine has committed to doing a 10K run this year and Matt has just over six months to help her – and you – get in shape.
Matt, who is one of London’s most sought-after trainers, has agreed to take no prisoners with Lorraine and put her through a rigorous training regime that you at home can join in with.
Every step of the way he will be giving readers top tips, motivational words as well as writing a column offering the latest in healthy advice.
Matt will also be showing readers how they can increase their health and fitness without the use of a gym both inside and outside the home.
- 1 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 2 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 3 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Northwick Park NHS Trust still 'requires improvement'
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
The first column will be in next week’s Times published on January 30.
For more information about Matt visit mattpt.co.uk.